Global Sensemaking

Tools for Dialogue and Deliberation on Wicked Problems

Try out the GSmEditor prototype. You can't do anything useful with it yet other than get a feel for the user experience and what it might do in the future. I'm offering it now as a way to generate ideas and stimulate thinking about GSm tools.

Feedback will be appreciated. You'll see some at the bottom of the wiki page.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any thoughts on how to run this on a Mac (OS 10.5.4)? I opened up the Terminal utility, entered the suggested command line, and got the following error:

Macintosh:~ markklein$ java -jar "/GSmEditor/dist/GSmEditor.jar"
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
at gsmeditor.GSmEditorApp.startup(GSmEditorApp.java:73)
at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Short answer: You need Java6.

Seems that Apple has only recently made that available for the Mac, and then not for all Macs. Here's a link to the Apple download for Java6. Note: they say, "This release does not change the default version of Java. This release is only for Mac OS X 10.5.2 and later, and should not be installed on earlier versions of Mac OS X. This release is for 64-bit, Intel-based Macs only and cannot run on PowerPC-based or 32-bit Intel-based Macs." (Ouch!)

If I need to do a Java5 build, let me know.
That did it. Thanks!
Version 0.2 is now available. It shows connections in the source pane in the spirit of Jack's original idea (as seen here).

RSS

Members

Groups

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by David Price.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service